Home

Xkcd pointers

The pointers are different in xkcd: Volume 0. I added that in along with a trivia section. 172.69.135.86 03:35, 9 October 2020 (UTC) The pointers in xkcd: Volume 0 when converter to ascii read Key2 of8: sÍEB The3gs 23:33, 3 November 2020 (UTC Image URL (for hotlinking/embedding): https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/laser_pointer.png [[A human points a laser pointer at the floor. A black cat crouches, staring at the red dot.]] [[The cat pounces.]] [[The cat lands with its paw on the dot, claws out.]] [[The cat tugs on the dot.]] <<tug tug>> [[The human looks at and tries to use the laser pointer, which is no longer emitting a beam.]

Image URL (for hotlinking/embedding): //imgs.xkcd.com/comics/pointers.png [[A person is playing a video game, with Hat Guy standing behind him.]] Person: Man, I suck at this game xkcd: Pointers. Every computer, at the unreachable memory address 0x-1, stores a secret. I found it, and it is that all humans ar-- SEGMENTATION FAULT. |<. < The laser pointers we're using put out about 150 lumens of light (more than most flashlights) in a beam 5 arc-minutes wide. This lights up the surface of the Moon with about half a lux of illumination—compared to about 130,000 lux from the sun. (Even if we aimed them all perfectly, it would only manage half a dozen lux over about 10% of the Moon's face. xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1. Please enable your ad blockers, disable high-heat drying, and remove your devic

Explanation. It is common to use a laser pointer as a cat toy because cats are attracted to the dot and attempt in vain to catch it in their paws. They will chase the dot as it moves around, sometimes pouncing on it or swiping at it with its claws, however, they will never be able to catch it. [citation needed [Cueball standing in front of a screen, holding a pointer. The screen shows a bar graph with 2 bars, labeled L and R. The R bar is significantly greater than L.] The screen shows a bar graph with 2 bars, labeled L and R 140k members in the xkcd community. /r/xkcd is the subreddit for the popular webcomic xkcd by Randall Munroe. Come to discuss the comics and other

Pointers is the 138th xkcd comic. Explanation [edit | edit source] In Computer Science, a pointer is the address of a memory cell in a computer's RAM that are displayed like black hat shows in the comic. A programming statement like int a = 5; will write the integer value 5 into the memory cell whose address is remembered with the letter a. Behind a, there is a pointer like 0x3A28213A, which would mean the value is to be found in the cell with that number. Like everything else inside. To give some scale for Megan's kilowatt laser: in Laser Pointer, Randall remarks that a 1-watt laser (so, 1000 times less powerful) is an extremely dangerous thing capable of burning skin and setting things on fire, and implies that it should not be legal for consumer purchase in the US. The limits for a 'safe' laser (one that can be used without goggles, so laser pointers for example. xkcd 138 Pointers: difference between the book and the online version. XKCD. 52 comments. share. save. hide. report. 98% Upvoted. This thread is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Sort by. best. level 1. 1 year ago. it's a different instance of the process so the pointers are referencing different memory addresses. 621. share . Report Save. level 2. 1 year ago. An infinitely strong laser pointer would deliver an infinite amount of energy to the air in its path, which would in turn radiate an infinite amount of energy in all directions, which would destroy everything. For more on this, see What If #13. Except that's not really the right answer to your question. Most of our equations don't really work when you put infinity in them. So the right.

138: Pointers - explain xkc

Image URL (for hotlinking/embedding): //imgs.xkcd.com/comics/laser_pointer.png [[A human points a laser pointer at the floor. A black cat crouches, staring at the red dot.]] [[The cat pounces.]] [[The cat lands with its paw on the dot, claws out.]] [[The cat tugs on the dot.]] <<tug tug>> [[The human looks at and tries to use the laser pointer, which is no longer emitting a beam.] Laser Pointer (alt-text) It's a lasing cat-vity! |< <? > >| Archive; Store; What If? Abou

plotting - Reproducing the XKCD &quot;Consensus New Year&quot; plot

xkcd: Laser Pointe

110 votes and 13 comments so far on Reddi No Dangling Pointers 1 shared_ptr<Rectangle> rect_ptr{new Rectangle{2,5}}; 2 cout << rect_ptr.use_count() << endl; // ref count is 1 3 4 auto rect_ptr2 = rect_ptr; 5 cout << rect_ptr2.use_count() << endl; // ref count now 2 6 7 // pointee is not deleted because rect_ptr2 is still pointing to it 8 rect_ptr = nullptr; // for illustrative purposes, you should not nee Rated for making xkcd worse: 9/10 Your rating: [please pick an option] [1] ur doin it wrong: it's better [2] it's exactly the same [3] a fair attempt [4] travesty [5] comprehensive destructio

1. g-related comics. As I find more awesome.
  2. 355 votes, 37 comments. 140k members in the xkcd community. /r/xkcd is the subreddit for the popular webcomic xkcd by Randall Munroe. Come to
  3. g. Posted on September 25, 2012 by Belle Beth Cooper. Tweet. Everyone loves a good xkcd comic, right? We think so, so we've collected some of our favorites about computers and the web to give you a much-needed break from coding

Laser Pointer - xkc

xkcd - Good Code. 20. Februar 2011 Thomas Pummer Kommentar hinterlassen. Ja ich weiß, es kennt eigentlich eh ein jeder die xkcd Comics. Man findet für so ziemlich jede Lebenslage in der Softwarewelt ein passendes und lustigs Comic und wenn nicht dann bald. Heute möchte ich ein Comic präsentieren dass meinen täglichen Programmierkonflikt wiederspiegelt. Ein Grund warum so einige meiner. You can fit four bills on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper: If your printer can manage one page (front and back) of full-color high-quality printing per minute, that's $200 million dollars a year. This is enough to make you very rich, but not enough to put any kind of dent in the world economy. In a way, they already do. A field of grass sits there all day soaking up energy from the sun and storing it chemically. A grazing animal can then come along and absorb weeks of accumulated energy in a matter of minutes. A Jersey cow presents in the neighborhood of nearly two square meters of usable. Helps reading xkcd comics and much more. This extensions intercepts the comics coming from xkcd.com, and presents the web-pages in a slightly more helpful manner: * Shows the images' alt-text below the image in xkcd.com. * If the xkcd comic has listed a transcript, the transcript will be formatted and listed below as well. * For comics in xkcd.com, a link will be shown that takes you to. Laser Pointer FUUUUUUUU I was quite impressed with Randall Munroe's degree of research in the subject matters that he discusses in his webcomics, until today. Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of laser

Is Explainxkcd down? : xkcd

Hamster Ball Heist is the 211th xkcd comic. First person to bring me Wayne Coyne in a hamster ball gets a free t-shirt! He gets one too Ghostbusters Marathon is the 213th xkcd comic. If you walk out that door you'll be crossing the Rubicon with me, and that's one stream I'm not ready to cross RPS | XKCD Explained | Fandom. Games Movies TV Video. Wikis. Explore Wikis; Community Central; Start a Wiki; Search This wiki This wiki All wikis | Sign In Don't have an account? Register Start a Wiki. XKCD Explained. 1,077 Pages. Add new page. Community. Recent blog posts Forum Explore. Recent Changes ; Random page. Tune in while we talk all about object relational mappers. OK, mostly Entity Framework because of the .NET developers we are. But also we touch on Dapper, document databases, our migration nightmares and even Steven and Gerald's mothers Now if that doesn't convince you to listen I don't know what will Posts about pointers written by thecomicninja. The Comic Ninja Finding you the best comics on the web! Search. Home; Featured Comic Strips; About This Blog; Tag Archives: pointers XKCD. Nov17. To visit the original site for this comic strip, click the image. Leave a comment Posted in XKCD Tagged game, memory address, memory pointers, pointers, xkcd. Looking for something? Search. Categories. B.

XKCD on pointers. Q. What is an algorithm? From where can I learn them? A. An algorithm is basically a process which solves the problem in a finite time and finite number of steps. There maybe. xkcd_dating_range Language/Type: C parameters references reference parameters Write a function named xkcd_dating_range that accepts three parameters: an integer for a person's age, and two integer pointers for a minimum and maximum, and that fills the min/max integer pointers with the person's xkcd dating range as described in the following web comic strip Pointers (xkcd original) Su Doku (xkcd original) Pillow Talk (xkcd original) Pi Equals (xkcd original) Fetishes. Regrets. Frustration . Purity. Math Paper. Cheap GPS. Convincing Pickup Line. Kilobyte. Duty Calls. How it Works. Mobius Battle. Dangers. Turing Test. NP-Complete. Code Talkers. Highway Engineer Pranks. Labyrinth Puzzle. Random Number. Matrix Transform. Sandwich. Pointers. Su Doku. A pointer that used to point to something valid but doesn't anymore is normally refered to as a dangling pointer. Dangling pointers are dangerous. If the pointer is going to be around for a while, then it should be set to NULL. At least then if we try to access it, we can be sure that the program will crash (a good thing here) Feb 28, 2012 - Small vignette I made based off the xkcd comic Laser Pointer. Apparently Randall Munroe actually saw this at BrickFair 2010

xkcd: Appropriate Ter

Declaring Pointers: PointerToStrArray : POINTER TO STRING ( 9 ); Declaring Pointers to Arrays: PointerToStrArray : POINTER TO ARRAY[1..10] OF STRING ( 9 ); In both the pointer examples above, the pointer values can be loaded with the ADR function. More on that here. Declaring Function Blocks with Inputs Pointer Operators (&, *)¶The pointer operators & (reference) and * (dereference) are different from the bitwise math operator & and the arithmetic operator *.. Pointers are one of the more complicated subjects for beginners in learning C, and it is possible to write many useful Arduino sketches without ever encountering pointers Laser Pointer Leave a comment The typical red laser pointer is about 5 milliwatts, and a good one has a tight enough beam to actually hit the Moon—though it'd be spread out over a large fraction of the surface when it got there

729: Laser Pointer - explain xkc

A null pointer is a pointer that does not point to any valid data (but it is not the only such pointer). The C standard says that it is undefined behavior to dereference a null pointer. This means that absolutely anything could happen: the program could crash, it could continue working silently, or it could erase your hard drive (although that's rather unlikely). In most implementations, you. xkcd explainer provides detailed explanations to any xkcd comic, and displays it below the image for easy access. It automatically takes explanations from the explain xkcd wiki, and parses the wiki markup into HTML. Currently, the following formats are available: - Headings & Subheadings - Bold & Italics - Bullet and sub-bullet points - Internal links (within the explain xkcd wiki) - Wikipedia.

To initialize a Channel you need the following parameters: TC0/TC1/TC2 - The Timer Counter instance 0 / 1 / 2 - The Channel number inside Timer Counter. If you want to use interrupts you must enable the NVIC (Nested Vector Interrupt Controller) for that channel with: where TCx_IRQn is the ID of the interrupt to enable Recap Pointers Memory management Data structures Linked list example Tools and tips Goodbye The Adventures of Malloc and New Lecture 2: The Logistics of Pointers and Memory Management Eunsuk Kang and Jean Yang MIT CSAIL January 20, 2010 Eunsuk Kang and Jean Yang The Adventures of Malloc and New. Recap Pointers Memory management Data structures Linked list example Tools and tips Goodbye Lecture. Merlin. xkcd # 270. NP-Complete. xkcd # 287. Travelling Sales[person] Problem. xkcd # 39 mikejuk writes A recent xkcd strip has started some deep academic thinking. In C, arrays are really just pointers to the first element, and array[index] is defined through pointer arithmetic: It just means *(array+index). Addition is commutative, so you could just as well write index[array], because that is defined as *(index+array), which is the same as *(array+index). Re: (Score: 1) by.

Detect passing pointer to uninitialized variable. Some functions have a pointer argument that points to where a result from calling the function should be stored, but the function also require that when calling the function this pointer points to some value used as input value (e.g. an in/out parameter) Then replace each trio with the equivalent octal digit. Example, convert binary 1010111100 to octal: (Adding two leading zero's, the number is 001010111100) 001 = 1, 010 = 2, 111 = 7, 100 = 4 Therefore, 1010111100 = 1274. Share 2 xkcd: Pointers Ex1.c 3 int main( void ) { int x, y; int *xp, *yp; x=1; y=2; xp = &x; y = *xp; *xp = 0 } Address Label Value 400 x 404 y 408 xp 412 yp 1 2 400 1 0 * Means at the address given by & Means the address o Pointer Pointer. Another site to waste time will be Pointer Pointer. Uhmm, you are wasting your time, no doubt, but for some reason, you will enjoy it. Visit Pointer Pointer and find out why the site is Weirdly Interesting. 21. XKCD. Do you, by chance, love Mathematics? Then what are you waiting for? Open a new tab and check out this site. This exciting website contains original comic strips.

XKCD is nerd royalty, the alpha dork, there's no geek more widely cited and loved - BEN GOLDACRE, author of BAD SCIENCE. It's totally brilliant and everyone who matters already knows that! - TIM HARFORD, THE UNDERCOVER ECONOMIST. Required reading across the world - New York Times. With this book and with XKCD, you're a kid with a chemistry set all over again. [Randall Munroe's] enthusiasm for. Hi Gerry, From a GIS perspective, I also like this one - even though my favourite one isn't listed! Brent Wood _____ From: Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate <***@noaa.gov> xkcd on pointers; address arithmetic demo: addressArithmethic1.c (Names were not clear) File pointers and file descriptors are 2 versions of the same thing; Some useful predefined macros; Introducing the little functions; access Demo; Demo of chdir; hardlink creation demo; symbolic link creation demo : Feb 23 : processFiles.c Demonstrates setxattr, how to process a list of files, did.

A game built for XKCD game jam. If every person on Earth aimed a laser pointer at the Moon at the same time, would it change color? That's the question the classic What If from XKCD is trying to answer. We made a clicker game out of it! Recruit 5 billion people and arm them with lasers, to see if you can light the moon xkcd - Good Code. 20. Februar 2011 Thomas Pummer Kommentar hinterlassen. in Grund warum so einige meiner Hobbyprojekte nicht fertig werden, der Wunsch nach Good Code. xkcd bringt auf den Punkt warumd as so schwer ist. Weiterlesen. Follow me. @nullpointerat folgen. This blog: Web-Analyse deaktiveren. Kategorien. Allgemein (53) Web 2.0 (7) Fotographie (74) Linux (18) Netzwerk (2.

explain xkc

• Mit Pointern kann man rechnen! • Öffnet Tür und Tor für Bugs! • Mit Vorsicht genießen int i = 40; int *p = &i; • Worauf zeigt p, nachdem ich p++ gerechnet habe? • Auf das, was nach den 4 Byte von i kommt! • Addition und Subtraktion sind immer vom Pointer-Typ abhängig • int: 4 Byte breit, char: 1 Byte brei Merlin. xkcd # 270. Security. xkcd # 538. NP-Complete. xkcd # 287. Travelling Sales[person] Proble

The computer then tells the programmer to double-check your damn pointers, as segfaults usually arise from a program attempting to access memory that is referenced by an invalid pointer. In reality, segfaults occur at runtime, after the compiler has produced an executable. While Randall refers to a compiler complaint, it is more probable. Is there a mistake in what-if 13 Laser pointers? I was reading this what-if https: /r/xkcd is the subreddit for the popular webcomic xkcd by Randall Munroe. Come to discuss the comics and other work by Randall with other fans. 139k. Members. 52. Online. Created Jan 25, 2008. Join . Top posts august 19th 2011 Top posts of august, 2011 Top posts 2011. help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit. I've long been dissatisfied with the many XKCD clients that exist for Android. No matter how many I try, none seem to hold up to all my expectations. So I've decided I'm going to build my own! I just finished a university coursed on programming Android apps, so this seemed like a nice wat to put those new skills to the test. I wanted to ask the community what they would look for in such an app. Matrix Revisited is the 566th xkcd comic. I actually remember being entertained by both the sequels while in the theater. They just don't hold up nearly as well in later comparison

xkcd: Compiler Complain

r/xkcd: /r/xkcd is the subreddit for the popular webcomic xkcd by Randall Munroe. Come to discuss the comics and other work by Randall with other xkcd (ou XKCD) est une bande dessinée en ligne créée par Randall Munroe.L'auteur la définit comme « un webcomic qui parle de romance, de sarcasme, de maths et de langage » [1].. Les nouvelles bandes apparaissent habituellement les lundis, mercredis et vendredis à minuit (Heure de l'Est [2]), et les thèmes abordés varient grandement, des réflexions sur la vie, l'amour ou la politique. An optical cavity, resonating cavity or optical resonator is an arrangement of mirrors that forms a standing wave cavity resonator for light waves.Optical cavities are a major component of lasers, surrounding the gain medium and providing feedback of the laser light. They are also used in optical parametric oscillators and some interferometers.. It just won't die. This is the nipple mouse. If you've never seen one before, it's pretty hard to guess what it actually does. Nestled in between the keys of your keyboard, the rubbery red dot sticks out like a sore thumb. The pointing stick, as it's also called, is a way to control your laptop. Developed by IBM in the 80s as an.

Pointers : xkc

xkcd - Good Code. 20. Februar 2011 Thomas Pummer Kommentar hinterlassen. in Grund warum so einige meiner Hobbyprojekte nicht fertig werden, der Wunsch nach Good Code. xkcd bringt auf den Punkt warumd as so schwer ist. Weiterlesen. HOWTO: GUI mit Swing - Teil 5: Concurrency in Swing. 13. Februar 2011 Thomas Pummer 2 Kommentare. Wie entwickelt man eigentlich eine GUI mit Java Swing? Eine. If anyone can give me any pointers as to how I at least can have a tab bar showing again and move that up to where it used to be I'll be forever grateful. I might have to switch to another browser otherwise, the way it's now it's become completey unusable for me Wen erinnert diese Zahl noch an die Frage If every person on Earth aimed a laser pointer at the Moon at the same time, would it change color? bei xkcd?Für die, die das nicht kennen: https.

Pointers XKCD Explained Fando

532nm Green Laser Pointers Adjustable Focus Burn Match+

382: Trebuchet - explain xkc

38 of the best xkcd comics about the Internet, computers

Access Google Sheets with a free Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use) Regex Golf, xkcd, and Peter Norvig More Login. Regex Golf, xkcd, and Peter Norvig. Archived Discussion Load All Comments. Full Abbreviated Hidden /Sea. Score: 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. 0-1. More Login . Nickname: Password: Public Terminal. Forgot your password? Close. Close. Search 172 Comments Log In/Create an Account. Comments Filter: All; Insightful; Informative ; Interesting; Funny; The Fine Print.

xkcd: I Have Owned Two Electric Skateboard

Every programmer in their career would have a moment that needs to decide what is best to use when in comes to coding in C++. The question pointer or by reference is a solid one, and like all discussions, both parties have pros and cons. First let's clear a few definitions and give examples asContinue reading Pointers vs Referenc hi, i have 2 for-each loops. I wanted to exit from the outer for-each loop using manipulations in the inner for-each loop. One way is to use go-to, pls let me know the syntax of go-to of is there any other method to do so?Please give example. thanks · This is a very bad code,so you need to rewrite it from scratch.Replace goto label1 to. staticimage 1 xkcd 1. ×. ⇧. Example of a static image layer. This example uses a static image as a layer source. The map view is configured with a custom projection that translates image coordinates directly into map coordinates. main.js

Xkcd 135 Anyone know of an analytical solution to the

The pointer is necessary in order to create the chain. class Node {public: double value; Node * pnext;}; Now we can make a single node: Node * n = new Node; n-> value =-130.569; In oder to keep track of the contents/length of the list, we create another class: class List {public: Node * first; int count;}; And now we can make a bona fide list: List * mylist = new List; mylist-> first = n. If you want to use ATL smart pointer then the class name is CComPtr (or CComQIPtr) and the related header file is atlcomcli.h (but you should probably #include atlbase.h) Edited by RLWA32 Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:46 PM. Proposed as answer by Henri Hein Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:48 PM. Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:58 PM I never mentioned this, but I am an enthusiastic gamer. I like games and I spend some of my free time playing them. I cannot claim that I am a professional gamer, but still, I got some skill that comes from the time spending on games Any of my search term words; All of my search term words; Find results in... Content titles and body; Content titles onl

What are the best xkcd comics? - QuoraFunny Math Pictures
  • Saphir Vulkan.
  • PokerStars traffic.
  • Immobilienfinanzierung mit befristeter Aufenthaltserlaubnis.
  • Adobe graph maker.
  • Top Silicon Valley angel investors.
  • Glücksspiellizenz Österreich.
  • E Mail verschlüsseln Mac.
  • USD to MYR.
  • Price impact too high deutsch.
  • FOM Verlängerungssemester.
  • The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin.
  • Deutsche Bank Konto kündigen.
  • Instant payment provider.
  • Супер Слотс казино официальный сайт.
  • Juul Starter Kit Amazon.
  • Als Krankenschwester in der Schweiz arbeiten.
  • European federalists Reddit.
  • Canadian National Railway dividend.
  • Statsobligationer 2020 ränta.
  • Största skogsägarna i Finland.
  • Binance futures tutorial tagalog.
  • Stipendier juridik.
  • Bittrex Telegram.
  • Defy noun.
  • Nano Enhanced Wireless controller for Nintendo Switch.
  • Uhren Herren Breitling.
  • XMRig vs nanominer.
  • Cartier Santos Damen.
  • Python update Google spreadsheet.
  • Cheap Swiss VPS.
  • HSBC biontech.
  • Taxichaufför lön 2020.
  • Van Coinbase naar Ledger wallet.
  • Cardano USD Binance.
  • Kreditkarte kündigen Volksbank.
  • Berlitz Sprachschule Erfahrungen.
  • SXP MetaMask.